The photographic competition is open to all Australian citizens or residents who are amateur photographers.
For the purpose of this competition, a professional photographer is defined as a full member of the AIPP or one who earns the majority of their income from photography.
All elements of an image need to be photographic in origin and captured/created by the author,
including all developing/post production, within the 12-month period before the closing date for
Images entered, regardless of category, must have been taken on different occasions and/or of a
different subject matter, as the intent of our competitions is to showcase unique, contentdiverse
If two images are considered to be of the same subject, we will attempt to contact the
photographer to discuss this, but if contact cannot be made before the closing date of the
competition, the first received will be retained and the other/s disqualified.
Images previously entered into ANY other Competition other than Club Level cannot be entered. Rule 3 will be
applied to similar images entered in previous competitions.
- Images cannot be watermarked or logo embedded.
The image must not reflect any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would
be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law either of
the Jurisdiction or any other country whose laws may apply to the entry (Evidence of licenses,
permits, model release forms etc, must be provided on request or your image may be
Copyright remains with the entrant but the entrant agrees that the WAPF may have limited
license to use any entered image for WAPF promotional purposes, either online or in print. If
used, the photographer will be credited, though, no logos or watermarks will be applied.
Entries that may not comply to the rules or topic will be considered by the Competition
Coordinator and/or Review Committee before they are disqualified.
Judges and Review Committee decisions will be final, no correspondence or discussion will be
There will be no refund of entry fees for entries deemed to be ineligible and disqualified.
All Prizes must be taken as offered.
Entrants Must Agree that
By entering the Competition, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the rules of this
competition and I warrant that:
• My entry is my own original work;
• All details provided with the entry are true and accurate;
• I have all necessary rights and authorities to grant WAPF the rights to use my images as
outlined in the Conditions of Entry;
• Use of the entry by WAPF, in accordance with the Conditions of Entry, will not infringe
the rights of any third party;
• My entry does not breach ANY law, including but not limited to laws relating to use of
drones, minors and photographing people in public places.
Files must contain full EXIF data so that the date of capture can be confirmed.
File Specifications Digital Images
- Images to be sized no more than 1920 pixels wide AND no more than 1080 pixels high
- Resolution is 72 (ppi)
- The colour space for all entries to be adobe RGB
- The file format is to be JPEG
- The image files must be correctly labelled in line with the individual competition requirements, but must include, Entrant’s first name and surname (in that order), plus the image title Each word is to be separated by an underscore eg Joe_Bloggs_Life_is_Like_That
- Only entries uploaded and submitted via the In My View online entry form will be accepted.
- High Resolution Files are to be provided, on request, for images shortlisted as finalis